#2: Mark Farmer | Founding Director & CEO, Cast
Mark Farmer is Founding Director & CEO of Cast and a expert in the delivery of complex residential-led projects & modern methods of construction.
Mark’s focus is on promoting modernisation within the construction industry through adoption of pre-manufacturing and more integrated & digitally-enabled delivery models.
Besides founding his own rapidly-growing business, Mark also managed to find the time to author the October 2016 Government Review of the Construction Labour Market Model, entitled “Modernise or Die”.
In the interview, we discuss the challenges facing the construction industry, including: a diminishing work force, a skills shortage, poor productivity and rising demand. We talk about the opportunities that exist to, not only meet these challenges head on, but in a manner which revolutionises the quality, speed of delivery and digitisation of the whole build process.
Follow-ups to some of the topics discussed:
- Mark's paper "Modernise or Die" can be found here.
- Mark is an active member of the UK ULI is here. You can meet Mark there at many of the residential events.
- The Build Offsite Property Assurance Scheme is the kite mark for the offsite construction industry. See here.
- The Offsite Hub and Build Offsite are two other valuable resources for looking at the offsite industry in the UK.
- An overview of Mark's favourite building, the Citicorp Center (now known as 601 Lexington), in New York can be found here.
Latest Instagram Posts for #ConTech